FRIENDS LIKE FAMILY / NO. 19 / 9th MARCH 2024

Bestfriend...

    Dear readers, the other day I requested suggestions on what people would like to read in my next blogs in an Instagram story that I uploaded. I'll be writing about the subjects that each person suggested for the next few days. My bestfriend Jelshiya asked me to talk about my bestfriend (basically about her). 



    We've known each other for five years and have been best friends for three years. In our first year as undergrads, we got to know one another. Our interests were very similar, and there was an instant connection. Being my best friend means that you must be able to relate to me in all of my phases, even when I don't say anything. To me, she is that person. She doesn't really need any explanation from me. She'll know everything about me just looking at my face.

    Being friends demands more than just being there when things are going great. Providing support is essential when everything seems to be falling apart. She was the one who wiped my tears when I grieved and smiled with me when I laughed. Together, we've achieved our milestones.




    Without realizing it, some friends end up becoming family members. To me, she is more like a sister—someone who can see right through me, corrects me when I'm wrong, and stands up for me when I'm not there. She was both the happiest and the saddest person when I moved to Bangalore. She was the saddest because we were so accustomed to each other's company that we couldn't accept not seeing each other often, even though she was genuinely happy for my career and other things. In spite of living miles apart, we called each other as soon as something went wrong or when something good happened.

    Her classmates informed me that when she first enrolled for the MA program, she stayed quiet and never interacted with anyone. A professor of mine told me that Jelshiya's face lights up when she sees me, something I still remember from my  visit to MCC during my vacation. I will always remember that visit on October 26, 2022, where I saw Jel after a three-month break. It was a lovely surprise visit.



    
    She's taught me a lot of things. The one thing she says over and over that I still find myself holding onto is the phrase, "It's the little things that matter." It's all about how someone defends and stands up for you when you're not around, rather than expensive presents or cheesy words. It's all about the efforts they put in to make you smile heartily. She treats me like family, makes sure I eat on time, and never lets me carry my bag. These are the little things that aren't actually little.


I'm grateful for this friendship Jelly. Thank you for everything.

Its all about the little things!

Love,

Jenny






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MONKEY BARS/ C.S. LEWIS/ NO.1/ FEBRUARY 20th 2024