POETRY / NO. 31 / 21st MARCH 2024

 World Poetry Day..

    Dear readers, today is World Poetry Day. Poetry is my form of escapism from the terrible reality. I take refuge in the very act of writing poetry as it brings solace to me. On the hardest days I go back home to sit and write something, at least scribble something on the paper to take my mind off things. 



On this world poetry day, here's one of my favourite poems for you.

 The Ever-Fixed Mark:

My hooked feet refuse to move,

Unmoved and stranded stood I,

In the middle of somewhere - nowhere perhaps!

I tried to belong: to fit in.

The more, became the less.

The illusions of dreams, of myriad beams

Pushed me forward,

But the enormous void gulped the spirit.

Drowning in the sea of doubt;

Questioning the mishaps;

Treading down the lanes of days gone by;

Swimming my way out;

Far away, a tiny view of the shore,

Caught the attention of my eyes.

Hues of green painted in the shapes of trees,

Shades of brown glowing in the sun,

Filled me, my soul, with eternal joy!

That narrow, confined view

Became the 'ever fixed mark'.

                          - S. Jennifer Sandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONKEY BARS/ C.S. LEWIS/ NO.1/ FEBRUARY 20th 2024

FRIENDS LIKE FAMILY / NO. 19 / 9th MARCH 2024