MOON / NO. 32 / 22nd MARCH 2024

 A letter to the moon...

    Dear readers, today's moon is in its waxing gibbous phase and it is shining beautifully. Here's a letter to the moon from the girl next door who is awestruck by its beauty.



To The Moon:

As I try to gather my thoughts,

Pull them together and weave a tale,

You are somewhere over the sky

A place that's unknown to me.

I sit here and revisit the familiar paths,

With my ears plugged in.

High on songs;

Peeping through the window,

Looking at the darkness of the darkest night.

I'm trying to find my way,

Through the chaos around me.

I'm tracing the imprints that I left behind.

Long back: an untraceable route.

Shinning with white sparkles

You, oh Moon, help me find my way,

For I'm lost in the familiar space.

I look at you,

Like the bird that looks at the branch:

The branch where it perches.

Let my soul perch on your Crescent.

I'm awestruck as I wonder how,

You and I belong to the same universe,

Yet, our worlds are different.

                   - S. Jennifer Sandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONKEY BARS/ C.S. LEWIS/ NO.1/ FEBRUARY 20th 2024

FRIENDS LIKE FAMILY / NO. 19 / 9th MARCH 2024