KINDNESS / NO. 21 / 11th MARCH 2024

 All About Kindness

    Dear readers, I shared an Instagram story the other day asking for thoughts on what people would like to read in my next writings. For the next few days, I will be blogging about the topics that each respondent suggested.


    Madhunaya, my junior, asked me to write about kindness. Kindness and the significance of treating one another with kindness have previously been discussed by a lot of people. I didn't know what to write about it. Then it dawned on me: why not discuss the very act of kindness itself?


    To be kind is to simply have consideration for others. Something as simple as smiling can have a profound impact, rather than something grand like making a donation. A random person walking by can suddenly lift your spirits with a lovely, encouraging grin.

    Simple words of encouragement from medical personnel at hospitals have the power to completely transform the lives of patients and their families. Again, it's all about the small things. When you are incredibly nervous before an exam or presentation, it could just be someone telling you that you'll do well.

    While it may seem insignificant to others, the concerned person will value it greatly. I've occasionally seen my mother tell complete strangers that they will succeed in life or, in the case of a hospital, that everything would be fine very soon. Although I'm not sure how she does it, I do know that her words of kindness would mean the world to them.

    That's when I realized how important timing is. Being kind is important, but knowing when to show it is even more crucial. Every day, many people engage in unknown battles. Therefore, it is crucial to treat others with kindness because we will never know what they are going through. However, if you are aware that someone is going through a difficult time, you could brighten their day and support them in a variety of ways through small actions.

 "Its not only about showing kindness, but its about how and when to show it."


Regards,

S. Jennifer Sandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONKEY BARS/ C.S. LEWIS/ NO.1/ FEBRUARY 20th 2024

FRIENDS LIKE FAMILY / NO. 19 / 9th MARCH 2024