LONELINESS / NO. 16 / 6th MARCH 2024

 Solitude Vs Loneliness

    Dear readers, the other day I requested suggestions on what people would like to read in my next blogs in an Instagram story that I uploaded. I'll be writing about the subjects that each person suggested for the next few days.

    One of my best friends asked me to comment on something like "Loneliness is sometimes heart full of happiness." 


    Alright, just hold on, let me explain first. I think he intended solitude rather than loneliness. (Correcting my closest friends when they misspeak or mispronounce makes me happy like nothing else, lol). They occasionally become agitated when I constantly correct their grammar and pronunciation. I can't resist correcting them every time; at the end of the day it's the English Literature mind. Back to business.


    One can never be happy when they are lonely. The distinction between loneliness and solitude is significant. Being alone or isolated from others is what the former refers to. It hurts a lot of the time. Because of the way we are made, we can only survive in environments that are social. For this reason, after creating Adam, God decided that he would not be well off living by himself and gave Adam the ideal partner, Eve. That is how we are wired—biologically, emotionally, and mentally.


    A healthy way to take some time for oneself and engage in self-care or introspection is to engage in solitude. Although solitude is something that people choose to experience, loneliness may at times be forced upon them. Pursuing solitude is beneficial while it is harmful to ignore loneliness.



   Spending time alone with oneself improves one's perception of the world and oneself as a person. According to psychologists, it helps people develop their personalities and characters by nourishing and nurturing them. However, loneliness depletes a person's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual resources by making them depressed. Even for a single day, loneliness can be rather challenging for an individual.


"Loneliness is a condition while Solitude is a choice!"


Thank you Sammy (Samson Jesinth) for this amazing topic.


Regards,

Sandruuuu....














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONKEY BARS/ C.S. LEWIS/ NO.1/ FEBRUARY 20th 2024

FRIENDS LIKE FAMILY / NO. 19 / 9th MARCH 2024